SSDI and Work Activity Report

I just started receiving SSDI earlier this year and was found to be disabled since mid 2010 but because of the 5 month rule my benefits didnt start until early 2011. I was working up to the mid 2010 period until I got terminated which also happens to be when my health really declined due to chronic conditions associated with full blown AIDS. I received a 6 month severance from my former employer which lasted until early 2011 which is also the timeframe that SSDI paid me back benefits to. I just received a Work Activity Report from SSDI which asks me about the money from mid 2010 to early 2011. Are they trying to stop my benefits? I got paystubs from my former employer showing it was severance/termination pay. I sent copies of these with the report. I havent worked since I got terminated because my health has been poor. Did I do the right thing?

Response from Mr. Chambers

You did exactly the right thing. Social Security periodically gets reports from the IRS. They match people showing earnings with those on SSDI and when there's a match, they ask just to make sure they aren't paying someone who is working beyond their return to work limits.

You have showed them that you didn't "earn" that money by working. they should send you a letter confirming that but they don't always get one out.

This is happening now because it takes about two years for the information to get from the IRS to SSA and compared.

Jacques

HIV from dried blood from a centrifuge?
working in the medical field