Getting a Green Card

Is it true that the regulations have changed and people with HIV can now receive a green card? I am currently on a temporary resident visa in the US (H1B) and my workplace will sponsor me for a green card, I was just afraid to apply since I know blood samples are required for permanent resident status.

Response from Mr. Chambers

It is my understanding that being HIV+ is no longer an impediment to entering the US. That change may apply to green cards as well, but you need to confirm that with an immigration attorney.

There are legal services agencies around the country that should be able to answer your question. You can find a list of them on this site. Enter "AIDS Legal Services" in the search box.

Good luck, Jacques

Needle prick injury
WORK VISA FOR INDIA