|Needle prick injury
Oct 8, 2012
I pricked myself after giving a tetanus injection to my patient who tested positive for HIV 1&2. I did not bleed from the puncture site. I washed my hands with soap and water but I squeezed my thumb till it bled. I started PEP after 21 hours of exposure. Are my chances good?
Response from Mr. Chambers
I'm sorry, but I handle benefits and workplace issues. I'm not qualified to comment on transmission questions.
Fired for asking for FMLA leave
Getting a Green Card
- Is Flu Symptoms A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Runny Nose An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Can You Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can My Penis Fall Off From An Std?
- Red Bumps On The Vaginal Area With White Heads On Them
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.