|Needle prick injury
Oct 8, 2012
I pricked myself after giving a tetanus injection to my patient who tested positive for HIV 1&2. I did not bleed from the puncture site. I washed my hands with soap and water but I squeezed my thumb till it bled. I started PEP after 21 hours of exposure. Are my chances good?
| Response from Mr. Chambers
I'm sorry, but I handle benefits and workplace issues. I'm not qualified to comment on transmission questions.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Transmission Hiv Needle Prick
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Mosquitoes Give You Std's?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.