ears piercing = hvc ?

my 17 yrs old son has donated blood 3 times to redcross , this time received report positive hvc infected . Could this from his ears piercing? he did get infection from ears piercing. thanks

Response from Mr. Chambers

I assume you mean HCV, the virus that causes hepatitis C. While it is a blood borne illness, it is impossible to know what was the actual mode of transmission.

It is better for you to deal with the fact that your son is infected. Make sure he gets to a doctor who is knowledgable in HCV, have him retested if needed and follow the doctor's recommendations.

They are constantly improving the treatment so that it doesn't have the severity of side effects it once had. I am aware of patients who have found that the pegalated interferon treatment completely cleared the virus from their body.

Please focus on getting your son into treatment and move forward.

Good luck, Jacques

about hiv
FMLA