|Splash of blood tinged normal saline
Sep 13, 2012
I was injecting normal saline into an iv line for a child. The saline splashed on my face and am not sure if it touched my eye. But I think it may have. If the child is HIV positive, do I need PEP? Am so anxious
| Response from Mr. Chambers
I'm not medically trained and am qualified to answer. Direct this to one of the medical personnel on this sit.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Use Of Antibiotic Prophylaxis In Hiv Patients
- Can A Painful Lump In Armpit Be A Sign Of Hiv?
- Clomid For Male Hypogonadism
- Nascobal Nasal Spray
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted Through Touching A Blood Contaminated Surface?
- Can You Have Unprotected Sex With Someone Who Has Hiv But An Undetectable Virus Load?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.