grief

Hello, I know that you lost your partner and I am sorry. Does the pain of grief and death ever go away? Does it always stay there as a whole in your heart? I cannot get past it.

Response from Mr. Chambers

Thank you for your comments. It has been about 2 3/4 years since I lost him. No, it doesn't go away, but it does get "quieter," moves a little more into the background, but is always there. There are still times, usually triggered by events or places, when it hits me all over again, but those aren't quite as bad as earlier.

However, many will say I'm in denial as I haven't even cleaned out his things. I suspect I'm moving on to anger, because I sometimes feel very angry that he left me so unexpectedly, without saying good-bye.

I don't know what to tell you, beyond all the empathetic comments you have already received from others. If it's still bothering you, you should seek either a grief support group or see a counselor. I've done that, plus I've had support from wonderful friends.

This is something that is probably not appropriate for this site, but I do hear your pain and I wanted you to know you will get through it.

We were together for 40 years so there is a lot to get past. I am enjoying the wonderful memories more, but it still hurts some. But as one of his favorite songs says, I Will Survive. And you will too.

Jacques

SSDI Mental and Physical Exam
CMV