SSDI Mental and Physical Exam

Due to pain from peripheral neuropathy and severe fatigue I had to stop working and apply for SSDI. I received a letter stating that I had to see two of their doctors. One mental and one physical exam. I am scared and have no idea what to expect. Can you advise...really need to get SSDI.

Response from Mr. Chambers

The immediate thing it means is that they do not have enough documentation to approve your claim. Unfortunately their exams are often so superficial they don't provide much new information.

SSA rules actually say that they prefer having your treating physician provided hr/she is qualified in the field and is willing to do it. Call your physician and psychiatrist or psychologist to make sure they are willing.

If so, call the analyst, the number and name should be on the appointment letter to schedule them.

You can get an idea of what the exam should consist of by going to www.ssa.gov and searching for "blue book". The forward will describe what the exams should include.

Should you be turned down, get a copy of the exam reports and ask your doctors to rebut them as part of your appeal. Good luck Jacques

Started Vit D
grief