needle sticks

i have a room mate who just discovered that she is HIV positive. she used my jacket 2 weeks ago and she kept her tread in it. so i took the jacket from her and on checking the pockets i did not know that there was a little needle in the tread and i pierced my finger with it. i rinsed my finger immediately under running water but im so scared because i do not know my chances of getting infected from that.

Response from Mr. Chambers

I'm a benefits counselor so you really should ask a doctor on this panel. It sounds like your chances from a needle stick as you describe are pretty rare.

Good luck, Jacques

Just took job as Surgical Tech
is a hiv test is conclusive for future.