Aug 6, 2012
i have a room mate who just discovered that she is HIV positive. she used my jacket 2 weeks ago and she kept her tread in it. so i took the jacket from her and on checking the pockets i did not know that there was a little needle in the tread and i pierced my finger with it. i rinsed my finger immediately under running water but im so scared because i do not know my chances of getting infected from that.
| Response from Mr. Chambers
I'm a benefits counselor so you really should ask a doctor on this panel. It sounds like your chances from a needle stick as you describe are pretty rare.
Good luck, Jacques
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Getting AIDS From Needle Stick
- What Does The Discharge From Chlamydia Look Like For Men?
- What Does The Beginning Of Genital Warts Look Like?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Risk Of Transmission Of Herpes From A Toilet
- Is Tea Tree Oil Used For Bacterial Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.