starting a new job with health insurance

hello, i'm about to start a new job that offers benefits to full time employees. im not sure how many employees are full time and so i dont know how large the insured group is. if and when it comes time to fill out the paperwork for benefits do i have to disclose my status? im currently on medicare and get my meds through adap. since i wont be making more than the cut off for eligibility for those programs could i keep getting treatment under those programs and ask my employer to contribute what would otherwise be spent on my ins. plan to a, lets say a healthcare savings account or an ira. is this legal?

Response from Mr. Chambers

You need to look at the enrollment form to see if there are health questions. Under HIPAA, the insurance company cannot refuse you coverage, however in some states employees are asked health questions if it a small group. If there are health questions,you need to tell the truth, but that can be an issue since you turn the form into your employer.

Medicare will integrate its benefits with your group coverage. Who is primary depends on the size of the employee group.

You are welcome to waive the coverage and it would be up to your employer whether or not to compensate you for that. That is up to you and your relationship with the employer.

Good luck, Jacques

do i have to tell life insurance company i'm HIV positive?
PREGNANACY IN CMV