do i have to tell life insurance company i'm HIV positive?

I bought a Life insurance through my job where I am working right now. The basic Life insurance is come with that the company where I work they give it for FREE. To cover me in case of an accident in the work place and I will be cover for that. And cover policy had $25,000.00 included for me in case something happen to me at my work place. But the Life insurance company they didn't know that I'm a HIV-positive person. And in addition I bought additional Life insurance through my job had additional policy had $50,000.00 policy and my beneficiary is my godson. he is nine years old.

Do I have or need to tell my Life insurance policy company that I'm HIV positive? That I'm currently right now HIV positive. Do they need to know my HIV status?

Response from Mr. Chambers

Chances are the group life insurance was "guarantee issue" meaning they will cover you without asking about your medical history.

You don't have to tell them anything unless they asked about it. Did they ask questions about your health? Not even for the extra $50,000 of supplemental insurance? If not, you are fine. If they did ask you should not lie as that can void the coverage.

Double check the insurance certificate. It would be very unusual that it only applies to work related injuries or death. Chances are it is straight group life insurance with the additional supplemental coverage you purchased.

New Health Care law
starting a new job with health insurance