|Do I have to Disclose my HIV status?
May 3, 2001
I recently left a large company with a good group insurance plan and began working for a new company with similar coverage. There is a 90 day waiting period before my insurance will begin with the new company. I am currently covered under COBRA. My questsion is: Do I have to tell my employer about my HIV status or is that something strickly kept between the insurance companies?
Response from Ms. Franzoi
Can you help?
Heath Insurance cancellation
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like When They First Appear?
- What Color Is The Genital Warts Discharge?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Is There A Test For Herpes At Home?
- Syphilis Chancre Topical Cream
- Symptoms Of Herpes In The Urethra
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.