SSDI CDR question

I have seen questions about SSDI and CDR's and your responses to them. I have another question. If a person is awarded back benefits (eg. 1 1/2 years from the first check)does the possibility of a CDR start from the back benefit date or from the date which a person receives first payment?

Response from Mr. Chambers

That's a great question that I haven't handled. What they are looking at is how old is the medical information and is there any expected improvement in your medical condition?

SSDI doesn't have a strict schedule on CDRs(Continuing Disability Review). It is my understanding that once a case is flagged for a CDR, the initial date of disability, the age of the most recent medical information, the status of your medical condition, and chances for improvement are all considered and then the decision will be made whether or not to send for a CDR and whether it will be short form or long.

I know people want to know when they will be getting a review, and at one time, the initial award letter actually gave a time range of when to expect one. However, because it varied so much and caused such stress on beneficiaries, they discontinued it. Now it's almost anyone's guess when a CDR will arrive.

Good luck, Jacques

Can I prove discrimination
eu-fta