Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

SSDI CDR question
Jul 23, 2012

I have seen questions about SSDI and CDR's and your responses to them. I have another question. If a person is awarded back benefits (eg. 1 1/2 years from the first check)does the possibility of a CDR start from the back benefit date or from the date which a person receives first payment?

Response from Mr. Chambers

That's a great question that I haven't handled. What they are looking at is how old is the medical information and is there any expected improvement in your medical condition?

SSDI doesn't have a strict schedule on CDRs(Continuing Disability Review). It is my understanding that once a case is flagged for a CDR, the initial date of disability, the age of the most recent medical information, the status of your medical condition, and chances for improvement are all considered and then the decision will be made whether or not to send for a CDR and whether it will be short form or long.

I know people want to know when they will be getting a review, and at one time, the initial award letter actually gave a time range of when to expect one. However, because it varied so much and caused such stress on beneficiaries, they discontinued it. Now it's almost anyone's guess when a CDR will arrive.

Good luck, Jacques

Previous
Can I prove discrimination
Next
eu-fta

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.