employment physical and physical urine test

I went for a physical for employment for a construction company after I submitted a drug screen test and passed wat was the urine test for the physical? Was it to see if I have aids or stds of some sort so they would know if I was to get hurt or end up bleeding all over the place?

Response from Mr. Chambers

Very doubtful. In most, if not all, states it is illegal to perform an HIV antibody test on you without your specific consent. It was just a screen for illegal drugs.

Further, as long as the pre-employment exam shows that you are able to do the job, they cannot withdraw the offer of employment that they made before the exam.

Good luck with the new job Jacques

Work Place Insurance - Follow up.
Switching Ins Co at work place.