do i need an hiv test to obtain a work permit?
Jul 10, 2012
I have recently been offered a job in South Africa. To obtain a work permit there do you have to have an HIV test?
Response from Mr. Chambers
There does not appear to be a law prohibiting an HIV test for employment, so that may present an issue if your employer requires it.
It should be noted that due to the high rate of HIV in South Africa, the government, schools, private sector, and businesses are all participating in programs promoting the importance of HIV testing. I don't know if that program will impact any testing requirements in the future; currently it is just a program encouraging testing.
Good luck, Jacques
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Rash A Symptom Of Ars?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Sex With A Prostitute?
- Achy Balls After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.