LTD Pre-existing Condition

I am no where near applying for disability at this point. My question is when i need it will I qualify. I have a company sponsored plan. The pre-existing condition clause states diagnosed, treated, took medications or consulted 3 months prior to the effective date of coverage and the disability begins within the first 12 months of coverage. I AM ASSUMING THAT THE ABOVE CLAUSE PERTAIND TO AN HIV/AIDS DIAGNOSIS? CORRECT? My effective date of coverage was 10/1/2000. I was diagnosed with HIV/AIDS in December 2000. 3 months prior to my effective date of coverage I went to doctors for allergies, sinus infection, rash and flu like symptoms. My question is when I need this insurance is the insurance carrier going to consider these prior medical problems as pre-existing for AIDS. It would be nice to understand this since documentation from insurance companies are so vauge. I hope you can answer my question and I thank you for your time.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

There is the possibility that the insurer will consider your visits to the doctor in the 3 months prior to coverage taking effect as treatment for an HIV-related illness. However, once you have 12 months of coverage on 10/1/2001, the pre-existing condition clause will no longer apply.

Being terminated for being an HIV caretaker/spouce.
Can you help?