Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

very worried
Jul 2, 2012

I had an HIV 1and 2 test in November 2011 and it was negative,i repeated the test in May after unprotected sex with a girl, however the HIV test came out Negative.But in June,I got tested again and it came out Positive after a strip HIV 1 AND 2 TEST.On the same day,I tested again with an oraquik mouth swip test kit and it came out negative all at the same hospital.A week afterwards i tested in another laboratory with a ELISA Confirmatory which came out negative . A week afterwards, i tested in another laboratory which used the oraquik to confirm results and it came out negative.I dont understand this .Is it possible that the malaria drug Coartem and TresOrix blood tonic i was taking affected the june test result. I dont understand this and its really worrying me since am about to get married.

Response from Mr. Chambers

You should take your question to one of the medical experts on this panel. My specialty is benefits and workplace issues.

Previous
Losing It All to Medi-Cal
Next
Is it possible

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.