I received my 1st CDR,please advise

Hello Mr. Chambers, I received my 1st short form CDR, for my SSDI, June 14th, 2012. I was diagnosed in 2004,wenton med's in 2004 as well. They took their toll on me,causing me to go on disabilty. I've been receiving my benefits since March, 2006. I think I fall into the SSA category of M.I.N.E.(medical improvement not expected). I read that you should not write anything in the "comments/notes" section of the form, because it can cause the computer to kick it out for review. I unkowningly did write there, just putting, the med's are powerful,causing fatigue,weakness,diarrhea,etc.Which are all true. Should I just mail it in, or, should I use white out & erase my words. Your advise is surely needed, please. Thank you in advance for your help. Frankie

Response from Mr. Chambers

It sounds like you have received the "short form" Continuing Disability Review for people collecting Social Security Disability benefits.

Generally, counselors do not recommend putting anything into the Remarks box, for fear it will be kicked out. While that is generally true, if your CDR is kicked out, it does not necessarily mean your benefits will be stopped. If kicked out it is reviewed by a human who can either let benefits continue or ask for a long form CDR, which is quite involved.

If you can delete that statement cleanly, then do so. However, it is better to let it go as is rather than with an erasure so poor that it gets kicked out anyway.

Good luck, Jacques

Medical Insurance
HIV POS and going back to work.