The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I received my 1st CDR,please advise
Jun 15, 2012

Hello Mr. Chambers, I received my 1st short form CDR, for my SSDI, June 14th, 2012. I was diagnosed in 2004,wenton med's in 2004 as well. They took their toll on me,causing me to go on disabilty. I've been receiving my benefits since March, 2006. I think I fall into the SSA category of M.I.N.E.(medical improvement not expected). I read that you should not write anything in the "comments/notes" section of the form, because it can cause the computer to kick it out for review. I unkowningly did write there, just putting, the med's are powerful,causing fatigue,weakness,diarrhea,etc.Which are all true. Should I just mail it in, or, should I use white out & erase my words. Your advise is surely needed, please. Thank you in advance for your help. Frankie

Response from Mr. Chambers

It sounds like you have received the "short form" Continuing Disability Review for people collecting Social Security Disability benefits.

Generally, counselors do not recommend putting anything into the Remarks box, for fear it will be kicked out. While that is generally true, if your CDR is kicked out, it does not necessarily mean your benefits will be stopped. If kicked out it is reviewed by a human who can either let benefits continue or ask for a long form CDR, which is quite involved.

If you can delete that statement cleanly, then do so. However, it is better to let it go as is rather than with an erasure so poor that it gets kicked out anyway.

Good luck, Jacques

Medical Insurance
HIV POS and going back to work.

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint