Is this sexual harrassment.....

if a new co-worker constantly asks me if other fellow co-workers are gay? I'm not, but this makes me very uncomfortable, especially because I think she is bigoted against gays. I haven't said anything to our boss yet, but wonder if I should.

Response from Mr. Chambers

I'm not an attorney so this is not legal advice. Based on what you described, I don't hear that anyone has actually been discriminated against because of their orientation, but I agree with you, it sounds like the new co-worker may be someone who might attempt to discriminate. How uncomfortable for you.

I do not know your work environment, but I would encourage you to first try to resolve it directly with the co-worker. This could be anything from telling him/her you don't know and don't care, to asking him/her why it is so important for them to know.

If that doesn't stop the questioning and speculation, or if it's clearly an obsession with this person, then you may want to involve your supervisor, if only to ask how to get those questions stopped.

Good luck, Jacques

What can I do.?
Medical Insurance