What can I do.?

I was employed by accompany for 14 years and had the health insurance with them, in March 2012 I resigned and I was offered COBRA which I used for 2 months, I was hired by another company and took the grou Coverage and automatically dropped my COBRA, now with this new company I went from full time 80 hrs / pay period to 16 hours and they dropped my health insurance, because it's offered to FT employees only. What can I do to continue my coverage? Am I still eligible for COBRA from this new company or the old company, or just get an individual plan? Please help my last coverage was June 1, 2012.

Response from Mr. Chambers

As long as your coverage was effective under the new company, you are eligible for COBRA since you lost it due to reduced hours. Assuming your coverage ended May 31, 2012, you have sixty days to accept COBRA coverage. If you weren't mailed a notice, you should contact your company's HR department.

If you could qualify for individual health coverage, that would probably be better since it puts you in control of your health insurance. However, since you are at this site, I suspect you might not qualify for individual coverage, as it typically requires proof of good health.

Good luck, Jacques

Nurse Needing to Tell a Minor that he is HIV positive
Is this sexual harrassment.....