Nurse Needing to Tell a Minor that he is HIV positive

I am a nurse in California. A patient of mine (he is less than 18 years old) tested positive for HIV. I do not know the age cut-off for telling the minor ONLY and NOT telling the parents. Can you please tell me what the California law is for disclosuring this minor's HIV status? At what age am I NOT permitted to tell the parents of this child?

Response from Mr. Chambers

I did a layperson's search (I'm not an attorney) of the California Health & Safety Code. I did not find a reference to that, but if there is one, it would be in that part of the California Code. It is on line. You may want to do an in-depth search.

Sorry I couldn't find anything to answer your question. Jacques

Medicare Credible Coverage
What can I do.?