colonoscopy

At age 52 and pos for 22 yrs , it is time to get a colonoscopy. My insurance is great at 12,000 a yr they pay for everything, but there is a deductible every 3 yrs of 2500 per illness. So, unless I can tie my colonoscopy to my hiv illness it will not get paid. Can you ask around as to what a good reason might be that an hiv pos person needs a colonoscopy? Perhaps blood in the stool, etc. thanks

Response from Mr. Chambers

The doctor that is recommending the colonoscopy should be able to tie the need to your HIV status. Is there blood in the stool? Are you having bowel problems? Hopefully, your doctor is knowledgeable with HIV and will know what problems HIV can cause in the intestine and bowel that would justify the need for the exam. He will also know what symptoms you exhibit that would cause the need for the test.

Good luck, Jacques

ADAP back bill...?
dr. disclosed my status in a social setting