ADAP back bill...?

Hey there, Back in January I got the 3 month coverage from ADAP because I was leaving the country for 4 months (I paid cash for the extra month I needed to get me through the trip). Prior to my departure, I contacted my pharmacy and let them know that I would not be in town in April to pick up my prescription, but that I NEEDED it (obviously) and wanted April's prescription filled so that I could pick it up when I got back in the beginning of May, along with May's medication. They assured me it would be fine, but when I got back, they hadn't filled it. They told me they can't back bill ADAP (they've given me wrong information before so I don't entirely trust them) and I'm about to leave the country for over a month again... which is why I needed April's prescription to get me through the next trip. Are they right ADAP can't be back billed? And if so, do I have any other choice than paying the full amount for an extra months dose AGAIN?

Response from Mr. Chambers

ADAP is administered by each state. Many contract with outside Medication Providers to administer each plan. Unfortunately, each sets their own rules. You should contact the ADAP administrator in the state where you live to get how they handle such retrospective charges. You can find a list by state of the administrators and their phone numbers here. here.

Good luck, Jacques

afraid for job
colonoscopy