Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Generalised lymph nodes swelling
May 1, 2012

Dear Doc, I am really worried about being HIV infected.I have had a possible one time exposure 7 years back and have had tender nodes(not swollen at all) in neck and armpit.They come simultaneosuly.Like one comes and the other one disappears.And more importantly they all are on one side(LEFT)I also have a swollen parotid gland on the same side which pains at times..This all started for a tooth abcess which was left untreated for a long time.I have been facing theses symtpos for almost 2-3 years now.I understand that the only way to get sure about HIV is to get TESETED but I am highly Paranoid getting that done.Also my CBC has come out normal.I would like to add here that I haev been working in night shifts from last 10 years and have a high stress levels.I am also a smoker.I have also developed a stone in one of my kidney on the same side.I have also heard about conditions like CFS,Sarcidosis,extra pulmonery Tuberclosis causing such symptoms.But I am highly worried about this bieng HIV.PLEASE HELP

Response from Mr. Chambers

I wish I could help but you answered your own question. The only way to be sure is to get tested. That's what you should do.

Good luck, Jacques

Previous
Cost of a month of HIV treatment
Next
Is there really privacy?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.