Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Cost of a month of HIV treatment
Apr 30, 2012

Sir:

I will be paying for my medications out of pocket, what is the typical (wide question) monthly cost?

Regards,

Response from Mr. Chambers

That's a very wide question, and, of course, it depends on which meds you will be taking. Some of the newer, combination medications can easily exceed $1,000 per month. Outside the actual HIV medications themselves, many of the prophylactic medications are generic and not that expensive.

I would encourage you to check into your state's AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP). Depending on what state you live in, it may be able to provide assistance with those medications. Check also with a local AIDS Service Organization in your area. They have case managers who can help you sort out what might be available to assist you. You can find one in your area by clicking here.

Also, depending on your financial condition, you may want to look into Medicaid if you are unable to work.

Also, I am assuming you do not have health insurance. If you do have it and do not wish to put your medications through it for some reason, we should communicate again.

Good luck, Jacques by clicking here.

Previous
risk
Next
Generalised lymph nodes swelling

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.