Cost of a month of HIV treatment

Sir:

I will be paying for my medications out of pocket, what is the typical (wide question) monthly cost?

Regards,

Response from Mr. Chambers

That's a very wide question, and, of course, it depends on which meds you will be taking. Some of the newer, combination medications can easily exceed $1,000 per month. Outside the actual HIV medications themselves, many of the prophylactic medications are generic and not that expensive.

I would encourage you to check into your state's AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP). Depending on what state you live in, it may be able to provide assistance with those medications. Check also with a local AIDS Service Organization in your area. They have case managers who can help you sort out what might be available to assist you. You can find one in your area by clicking here.

Also, depending on your financial condition, you may want to look into Medicaid if you are unable to work.

Also, I am assuming you do not have health insurance. If you do have it and do not wish to put your medications through it for some reason, we should communicate again.

Good luck, Jacques by clicking here.

risk
Generalised lymph nodes swelling