The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

doctor with AIDS
Apr 10, 2012

Hi! I'm student to the medecine in Romania in the last year and is very difficult for me to found a job in the medical system, where do you think I could find a job because in Romania, Germany and North Europe they don't help me?

Response from Mr. Chambers

It is my understanding that most countries in the European Union, the United States, and probably many other countries do allow HIV+ healthcare workers, including doctors, to practice medicine. You will find that many do restrict their ability to perform invasive procedures, but they are not automatically refused permission to practice just because they are HIV+.

Good luck, Jacques

Foreign domestic partner
Applying for a Federal Job

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint