Antiretovirals in AFRICA

Hello everyone... I've just been promoted to work in one of our offices in AFRICA precisely in KENYA and this is the best position I could ever wished. However, I'm concerned that my drugs( taking combination of KALETRA & TRUVADA) are not available by any pharmacist there. Done some extensive search and it seems the only way to get them would be to order them and have them shipped. But my insurance is not willing to cover it. I don't know what to do and I have heard that even if I get to change the meds, they are of lower quality. I'm worried and I need some help.

Response from Mr. Chambers

I'm surprised your insurance won't send your meds by mail order. Most carriers prefer it since it saves them money. Discuss your situation with a supervisor at the insurance company to see what can be done. Have they given a reason. Is there a problem with mailing medications into Kenya for personal use, for example?

If there is a reason for not mailing the meds, how often will you be returning to the US? Frequently enough to get a larger supply each trip?

If the insurance is through the employer sending you to Kenya, the plan should certainly accommodate you. How are other employees in Kenya covered or will you be the only one?

Finally, you may want to talk to HR (scary, I know). Just say there is a medication that your carrier is refusing to send to you.

Have you had a chance to find a doctor there yet? If so, can anything be worked out between the doctor and the insurance company?

I hope some of these will help you. If not, write with more details such as specific reasons for their refusal, etc. and I'll see what else I can find.

Reyataz vs Edurant
Mail order prescriptions