Lower Cost Atripla/Viraday

I have friends who go back and forth to India all the time. They provide me with Viraday as required, which is working perfectly for me. If others want information on this, I would assist. Is that legal? Can I get in trouble for helping others to such a source for lower-cost meds?

Response from Mr. Chambers

I realized that medications, especially HIV ones, are very expensive and many are available throughout the world, but there are always questions regarding safety as well as legal issues.

I'm not an attorney, but, as I understand it, there are laws against importing prescription medications from outside the country, especially for use by persons other than yourself.

I realize a lot of people do that for their own medical needs. We frequently hear about people that order their meds from Canada or go to Mexico where they can buy them over the counter. The FDA has even made special rules for importation of certain medications, but only from Canada. However, legitimate concerns about quality control as well as the strong influence of the pharmaceutical industry, have stopped any further expansion.

Before launching such a service I recommend you carefully check what laws are in place and what is legal and what is illegal. That's a generous gesture on your part, but you don't want your desire to help others to backfire on you.

taking reyataz, norvir and truvada
PEP Question