Vested Rights Certification

I have Vested Rights after 9 years with IBM, but did not receive a certificate from them. How do I go about receiving one?

Response from Mr. Chambers

I assume you are speaking of pension rights being vested, as that is usually where the term vesting is primarily used when discussing benefits.

Start with the HR/retirement department at IBM. They may refer you to the pension administrator, which is usually an outside investment/insurance company. If they maintain they do not provide them, you should maintain a copy of the Summary Plan Description (pension booklet)that contains the vesting schedule, and a copy of any document you have that supports your length of service.

Good luck, Jacques

Serotism in South Africa
Confused about Hipaa