|hiv exposure Pls save me.
Feb 28, 2012
sir i had asked you earlier but could not get it. The accident which is driving me crazy is that, while having my HIV RAPID TEST. The physician used new syringe to take my blood. After removing the syringe he pressed my vein with a cotton swab. The same time I found drops of blood on table as well half of teaspoon blood near drops. This could be of previous patient or have been accidentally. There was 1-2 minute time between me and previous patient. My concern is that if he kept the cotton swab on the blood and pressed my punctured vein.
(1) Can I be infected? (2) Should I go for test?
the blood was not dried. some say it require it to be dry to inactive, or some say 30 sec. is enough for deactivation.
Response from Mr. Chambers
I'm sorry, but you're asking the wrong person. I specialize in insurance and workplace issues and am not qualified to answer transmission questions. There are other experts on this site who can answer your question.
more on Medicare
std/ hiv worry
- Are Swollen Lymph Nodes A Sign Of HIV?
- Stinging Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.