hiv exposure Pls save me.

sir i had asked you earlier but could not get it. The accident which is driving me crazy is that, while having my HIV RAPID TEST. The physician used new syringe to take my blood. After removing the syringe he pressed my vein with a cotton swab. The same time I found drops of blood on table as well half of teaspoon blood near drops. This could be of previous patient or have been accidentally. There was 1-2 minute time between me and previous patient. My concern is that if he kept the cotton swab on the blood and pressed my punctured vein.

(1) Can I be infected? (2) Should I go for test?

the blood was not dried. some say it require it to be dry to inactive, or some say 30 sec. is enough for deactivation.

Response from Mr. Chambers

I'm sorry, but you're asking the wrong person. I specialize in insurance and workplace issues and am not qualified to answer transmission questions. There are other experts on this site who can answer your question.

more on Medicare
std/ hiv worry