more on Medicare

Thank you for your answer about medicare coverage when I turn 65. A follow up question is what happens to my wife's coverage (will be 65 the same year) and particularly my disabled 30 year old daughter who lives with us and is currently covered by my self paid plan. (We have guardianship) Will she also be covered?

Response from Mr. Chambers

Medicare does not provide for dependent coverage. When your wife turns 65, she will be able to apply for Medicare. The cost of Part A, if any, will be based on the number of Social Security credits/quarters she accumulated under her Social Security number. If she worked fairly regularly and paid into Social Security, she will not have to Pay for Part A. If not, she may have to pay a portion of the Part A premium.

As far as your private insurance goes, you should be able to switch your family coverage to separate policies for your wife, who will only need it until she gets her own Medicare, and your daughter.

They should allow you to switch your daughter's coverage to an individual policy. The insurance company should agree to these changes since they are already insuring them.

Don't forget to look for Part D Medications coverage for yourself. You can do that online at www.medicare.gov. You may also want to consider a Medicare Supplement or Medigap coverage.

Good luck, Jacques

Worry over negligible HIV risk "do i have hiv ,want to kill my self help me doctors plz"
hiv exposure Pls save me.