The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Worry over negligible HIV risk "do i have hiv ,want to kill my self help me doctors plz"
Feb 23, 2012

i am working in saudiarabia on 10th & 11th jan 2012 i had sex with a indonesian baby sitter in saudi arabia and this country is very much concern about hiv medical testing before getting work permit in saudi arabia i will explain you my whole story .

as i had protected sex with her by using a latex condom company name "moods" but i removed my condom to have sex with her in her anus but since my penus is small was unable to insert it and while wearing the condom some of her veginal fluid touched my penus head but quicly i removed it and place the condom again on my penus and had safe sex with her and had a unprotected oral sex with her in which i cumed in her mouth thrise and on the other day i was speaking with my friends they said me that asians have hiv and as i said u before in saudi no person from abrod is given work permit unless and other wise he has passd the hiv test then i quickly took her to a hospital where she was tested for hiv1 & hiv2 combo test in which the result was "0.41% non reactive " test was done on undiluted blood sample and after i showed to my doctore he said that she is fine and still some thing was wrong in my mind like i think my guilt so doctor sugested me to have tested for "HIV COMBO WITH P24" AND ON 12TH FEB 2012 I got tested and with in 40 min i got my result as "NEGATIVE - NON-REACTIVE" so i asked the doctor do i have to get tested after 3months of exposer he said 28 day is more then for getting tested and no more test for you for hiv and i even got tested for other "STD'S which where all negative and i asked more questions to my doctore he said your concer regarding "STD" have been completed and you are perfectly fit and i need a pchycologic doctor not a HIV splcialist is he correct do i dont need to get tested any further. and please note that i didnt felt any feaver nor any thing just i have cough as i smoke more and my weight was previously 121 kilo and in one month duration i have redused to 118 kilo please help me out doctors please and sorry if my english is not good. "NOTE :- MY PARTNER WAS FOUND HIV NEGATIVE"

please help me up doctors i need your help or else will do any thing to my self i am sick of going under pressure for about 1 month.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Sounds like this has been making you worry a lot lately, but it doesn't sound like you had much of a chance to get HIV. Your test at 28 days gave you a good idea of your status.

Instead, let's look at your risk. Since you used a condom to have sex in her vagina, there's no risk there. Since you didn't actually penetrate her in the anus, there's no risk there. Since her vaginal just touched your penis head but likely didn't get inside your penis (a lot of fluid would need to get in there), there's no risk there. Since you had unprotected oral sex, there's very little risk there.

It's important to remember that sex in the anus is very risky to get HIV, so always use a condom.

You don't have very much risk at all. You can get tested at 3 months to make sure, but the odds are that you're negative.

Your doctor is probably right that it would be good for you to talk to a counselor or psychologist to help you work out your stress. Maybe talking this out with a good friend would help too.

Hope this helps!


checking daily for answer to last question.
more on Medicare

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint