via via blood on table

my problem is that i was having hiv test in a lab, the physician used new syringe and cotton to clean my vein, then he injected and gave me second cotton just after removing the syringe to press my vein. my concern is that there were drops of blood on the table where he kept the second cotton before giving me. the drops of the blood could be of previous patient assuming the blood hiv+ and the physician kept the cotton on the blood and gave me. (1) can i be infected? (2) should i go for test? the difference between me and the previous customer was 1 minutes. I asked helpline they said to go for test.

Response from Mr. Chambers

It never hurts to get re-tested, but wait at least ninety days. I seriously doubt the cotton swab infected you. IF the drops contained blood with HIV and IF those drops came into direct contact with your puncture, it's still unlikely it transmitted into your blood stream as the hole was probably closed and, if it wasn't, flow was tending to go out, not it.

I am at risk?
RN in ICU