I am at risk?

Please help docs! I am 15 yrz old male and for fun i practised gay sex with one of my friend,close friend .he is 12 yrs old,we did oral sex many times,This relation stands about 1 year and 3 or 4 times,i pentrated my penis into his anal,bt didnt enter.WE dont had any contact with our fluids. Later i was knowing that he did sex with 2 of his friends,they are virgins,for 1 tyme only they did! Im i and ma frnd is at risk??we bth and that to guys are virgins. Pls i hope no risk pls!!i wana live,wont do it again,pls help

Response from Mr. Chambers

Dear young friend: I can't really say for sure, but I seriously doubt that you are infected. I'm basing this on the fact the you stated that you and the other three boys have never had any sexual contact involving insertion of any type outside your group of four. If that is so, then there is no way that any of you contracted anything from anyone else.

If you are really worried about it, there may be anonymous test sites where you live where you can find out for sure with just a swab of your saliva, without revealing your identity. Those sites' rules vary by state and location.

I realize you and your friends are very young, and I don't think sexual activity is wise at your age and I certainly don't recommend it, but if you choose to be sexually active in the future, you really need to learn about what are the safer methods of sexual activity, and what types should be avoided. You can learn that on this site and on many other websites.

Finally, you are still under age right now, but as you grow older, be aware there are serious legal consequences of having sex with children much younger than you.

Please educate yourself and please be very careful with your actions. Stop and think. You have a long life ahead of you and don't want to jeopardize it on any careless activity you might later regret.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, there:

Being sexually active is certainly your choice. Recognize that deciding to become sexually active, with partners of either gender is a big decision. If you are going to be sexually active, you should protect yourself, and your partners.

Using a condom for each and every act of penetrative sex is necessary if you want to remain HIV negative. By penetrative sex, I mean anal and vaginal sex. In addition, you will want to be screened for HIV and other STD's at least once a year, twice a year is even better!

Check out http://www.iwannaknow.org and especially the section on STI's: http://www.iwannaknow.org/teens/sti/sti_overview.html

Bottom line: Given the situation you described, you are likely going to be fine. I would suggest making an appointment for a full round of STD testing (including HIV) with your doctor or at your local free clinic. You can find clinics in your area by visiting www.hivtest.org.

Be sure to check out the section on the I wanna know website regarding talking to your parents. You are old enough to get tested by yourself, but talking to your parents can be really helpful! They were your age once too!

I hope this information helps.

In health,

Richard

Patent issue and FTA, big problem for poor positives.
via via blood on table