Patent issue and FTA, big problem for poor positives.

Hi Jacques, if we assume that EU wins the debate of FTA and indian generics lose the right to copy drugs, which anti HIV molecules are going to be within and out of the patent issue? zidovudine, lamivudine, nevirapine etc are pretty much older in the field and should be spared from the issue of patent. in that case medicines like duovir -N / triomune 30 should be kept on being produced by indian generics and HAART like viraday (generic of atripla) is going to be banned, as well as new molecules like darunavir, raltegravir etc? Generally how long does it take for a molecule to cross its patent period and can you please post a list of HAART MOLECULES BASED ON THIS PATENT EXPIRY? Regards.

Response from Mr. Chambers

I appreciate your follow-up question, but I'm not the one to be able to answer that. I have no substantial medical training and really need to stick to questions regarding benefits, insurance, and workplace issues.

Perhaps one of the doctors on this panel might be able to answer you question.

Good luck, Jacques

EU-India FTA
I am at risk?