The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

vested rights
Jan 30, 2012

went i decide to colloct my vested rights; what is the proceedure. what do i need to do ?

Response from Mr. Chambers

It depends on what benefits are vested. You can claim your vested vacation pay when you leave your job. To claim vested pension benefits, you must meet the requirements for eligibility, usually age and/or disability. To claim your vested funds in a defined contribution retirement plan, you usually need to terminate employment, although there may be some hardship exceptions. Check you plan document to be sure.

HIV + and working in the restaurants
finding specialty providers

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint