|HIV + and working in the restaurants
Jan 30, 2012
Is it against any TN law or Health code that a person cannot work in a restaurant if they have HIV (undetectable or any form)? And is HIV considered to being a communicable disease that can be transfered by food?
| Response from Mr. Chambers
Laws vary by state, but persons with HIV are usually able to perform almost all jobs, except possibly invasive surgery. You should check with a legal agency in your area to be sure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Throat Infection And Ear Infection Signs Of Hiv?
- Will Hiv Show Up On Normal Blood Work?
- Are Canker Sores Associated With Hiv?
- Can Somebody Get Infected With Hiv Through Drinking Infected Blood?
- Heterosexual Hiv Chances Of Transmission
- How Often After Infected Does An Hiv Test Show You Been Infected?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.