|pre existing condition
Jan 30, 2012
changing health insurance coverage or maybe changing to a new company, one question asked is pre existing condition then a list.... HIV/AIDS is on that list. when checking the box does that stop coverage of that illness or of you getting health insurance?
Response from Mr. Chambers
As long as it is group health insurance through an employer, you cannot be declined for any health condition. The worst that will happen is you may have a waiting period before HIV charges are covered. If, however, you are coming from coverage and the gap in coverage is less than 63 days, not counting any probationary period, HIPAA requires them to wave such a waiting period as long as you had continuous coverage for 18 months.
International Medication Assistance
International HIV+ student
- Blisters After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Receptive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- A List Of All The Names Of Medicines For Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.