Secondary Medical Insurance

I am Disability Retired and my Past Employer pays for my Medical Insurance , I have an 80/20 PPO Plan , my co pays take up a lot of my Income and I am wondering if there are Secondary Insurance Plans that will pay the 2o% in the Event of a Hospitalization or other expensive procedure ?

Response from Mr. Chambers

There are not individual health plans you could purchase to supplement your employer's plan. However, if you are approved for SSDI, you will get Medicare after 24 months of SSDI benefits, and it will work with your employer's plan and the two should provide virtually 100% reimbursement.

Loss of Insurance if Co goes out of business
Advised by HR to reveal Diagnosis