impact of HIV AIDS in the workplace
Jan 28, 2012
What are the impacts of HIV AIDS in the workplace
Response from Mr. Chambers
That's a broad question. It obviously varies greatly by employer, however, regardless of what type of employer you have there are legal protections to prevent discrimination. Laws are helpful, but they don't always work in the real world, especially with small employers who don't know the laws and where news travels fast.
The general recommendation is do not discuss your medical situation with anyone where you work whether it's management or a co-worker. If no one knows, then nothing can be done.
Let me know if you have a more specific question.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Worried I Have HIV
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.