Returning to Work after years on Disability

I currently get SS Disablity, along with Medicare, but would like to try to get back to working at least part time, but, not sure if I'd lose benefits. Its been a number of years since I held a regular 40 hr/week job. Is it wise to try to go back to work and risk losing my benefits? Are there resources to get more info/ I live in Rural Tenn. Any advice??

Response from Mr. Chambers

Yes, there is help. Both SSDI and Medicare have very generous programs to help you see if returning to work is a viable alternative to staying on disability. You can earn as much as you want for nine months and still not affect your SSDI benefits. Your Medicare will continue for the nine months and the next 93 months if you do successfully return to work.

Social Security has an excellent document on returning to work while on disability called The Red Book. The Red Book

What kind of insurance I can choose?
impact of HIV AIDS in the workplace