Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Returning to Work after years on Disability
Jan 28, 2012

I currently get SS Disablity, along with Medicare, but would like to try to get back to working at least part time, but, not sure if I'd lose benefits. Its been a number of years since I held a regular 40 hr/week job. Is it wise to try to go back to work and risk losing my benefits? Are there resources to get more info/ I live in Rural Tenn. Any advice??

Response from Mr. Chambers

Yes, there is help. Both SSDI and Medicare have very generous programs to help you see if returning to work is a viable alternative to staying on disability. You can earn as much as you want for nine months and still not affect your SSDI benefits. Your Medicare will continue for the nine months and the next 93 months if you do successfully return to work.

Social Security has an excellent document on returning to work while on disability called The Red Book. The Red Book

Previous
What kind of insurance I can choose?
Next
impact of HIV AIDS in the workplace

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.