Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Please help

I work for a major company that handles meds being shipped by mail in 90 supply.. When I started I was HIV+.. I put in for a better job with in the company and I got the feeling that everything and everyone changed. No I am about to get fired.. I feel as if one of my bosses know I am +. I havent told anyone. Only my Dr and my mom and dad.. My room mate doesnt even know and he has lived with me for 2 years.. (room mate NOT lover) Is there any way for me to get to look at my work file they keep since I have to order my meds from them? I really think this about me being HIV+

Response from Mr. Chambers

I'm afraid if you start pushing to see your file at work, you will only raise the curiosity of HR and management. If your employer is discriminating against you because of your HIV status, they wouldn't keep records, especially in your file.

If no one knows about your condition but your doctor and parents know about your status, how could the employer have learned of it. Try to relax and look at the issue objectively. If necessary, talk to someone about it who you trust, whether it's your parents or a professional counselor.

Good luck

I live abroad and have not taken my meds in 12 months
Work Insurance