Question about my company's self insured medical plan.

My company is self insured. Our administrator is Blue Cross Blue Shield. Does the company pay the medical bills based on the contracted amount that the participating providers get paid on my explanationm of benefits? Or do they pay the whole amount?

Response from Mr. Chambers

They pay on the basis of their contract with the provider. Normally the Explanation of Benefits you will receive will show what the doctor billed, then show what they are basing their payment on, usually noting that the difference is your savings for using a contracting provider.

Dumping H.I.V. patients
May Need to Relocate?