|Question about my company's self insured medical plan.
Jan 27, 2012
My company is self insured. Our administrator is Blue Cross Blue Shield. Does the company pay the medical bills based on the contracted amount that the participating providers get paid on my explanationm of benefits? Or do they pay the whole amount?
Response from Mr. Chambers
They pay on the basis of their contract with the provider. Normally the Explanation of Benefits you will receive will show what the doctor billed, then show what they are basing their payment on, usually noting that the difference is your savings for using a contracting provider.
Dumping H.I.V. patients
May Need to Relocate?
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Topping Without Condom?
- Is Itchy Skin A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Tingling In Feet An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Is Tingling In Fingers A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Picking Your Nose?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.