Cruise Industry

I am looking to apply for a job on a cruise ship. There seems to be a blood check that tests for HIV. Do I have to submit to this test? Will a particular cruise line withdraw their offer? Can you lead me to a positive friendly cruise line? THANKS!

Response from Mr. Chambers

I'm sorry for the lateness of this reply, but I'm new and trying to get caught up.

They can't require a physical (and blood test) until a job offer has been made. As long as the physical says you are able to perform the job duties they are prohibited under US law from changing and not hiring you.

Make sure it is a US employer covered by US laws, especially the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Workplace Issues
Dumping H.I.V. patients