Jan 27, 2012
I am looking to apply for a job on a cruise ship. There seems to be a blood check that tests for HIV. Do I have to submit to this test? Will a particular cruise line withdraw their offer? Can you lead me to a positive friendly cruise line? THANKS!
Response from Mr. Chambers
I'm sorry for the lateness of this reply, but I'm new and trying to get caught up.
They can't require a physical (and blood test) until a job offer has been made. As long as the physical says you are able to perform the job duties they are prohibited under US law from changing and not hiring you.
Make sure it is a US employer covered by US laws, especially the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Dumping H.I.V. patients
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.