Term Life Insurance

Hi, I am HIV positive and would like to get term life insurance for my partner. Is this possible? Thanks, CS

Response from Mr. Chambers

It's nice of you to be thinking of your partner, but, No, life insurers are still not accepting applications from HIV+ persons.

The only alternative outside of employer provided group life, is called "graded benefit" life insurance. This is life insurance without an exam or health questions. If you die in the first two years of the policy, they will only return your premiums plus interest to the beneficiary. After two years, then it pays the face amount upon your death.

The drawback is it is rarely available to persons under age 50 (sometimes 40), and you are usually limited to no more than $25,000 in life benefit.

You probably have seen commercials by Alex Trebek for this type of coverage, and other carriers write it also.

Can I move?
Expatriation