Can I move?

I am an independent contractor in CA, and buy group medical through my state association, which also covers the cost of my HIV meds (Atripla & VidexEC). I would like very much to return to NJ to be close to my family (I'm very isolated where I live now); however, their state association does not offer group insurance. I realize that I can purchase an non-underwritten individual plan in NJ, but they only cover 50% of prescription costs. Since I will be just starting out, I wouldn't expect to have any income for at least 6 months (maybe longer, depending on the economy there). I could use my savings to pay for the monthly medical insurance premium, but can't afford to also pay 50% of my meds. Do you know of any solution to this problem?

Response from Mr. Chambers

Before moving check with the NJ ADAP program. If you qualify for that, it should pick the remainder of your medications.

Good luck getting back to your family.

HIV pre-existing condition.
Term Life Insurance