Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Gov't security clearances

As a retired federal employee with HIV, I can assure the questioner that not only are their no questions about HIV status, there are none relating to sexual preference. During the face to face interview, there is a general question along the lines of "is there anything I haven't asked that would subject you to blackmail". If you can honestly so no, then so state no. My status and sexual preference were not known at work, but I never felt someone could blackmail me with that information; I could simply acknowlege it and remove the threat of being blackmailed. I hope this helps.

Response from Mr. Chambers

Here is an expansion on a question about government employment by someone who knows.

Cut on foot in HIV positive persons house-very worried!!
Returning to the USA