|Green card holder with HIV
Jan 18, 2012
I am concerned about a good friend of mine. She has a green card, and is HIV+. She was HIV- when she applied for and received the green card. Her ex-boyfriend is now threatening to report her to Immigration and have her deported. Can her green card be taken away if Immigration or any other authority finds out that she is HIV+?
| Response from Mr. Chambers
The law was changed in 2009. Persons otherwise entering country legally, will not be stopped or expelled just because of their HIV status.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Vaccine Trials Phase 3
- Laws For Partner Notification For Hiv Aids And Other Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Saliva Has Different Proteins And Enzymes That Damage Hiv
- What Does Non Reactive Hiv Test Mean?
- Pathophysiology Of Candidiasis
- When Does The Doctor Tell You That You Are Hiv Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.