International Health Insurance - Any ideas??

There must be hundreds if not thousands of individuals that are living and working abroad as expatriates that suffer from HIV. However, it seems as though most large international medical insurers are refusing cover for otherwise healthy individuals that are on ARV's. I understand the concept of refusing to cover any HIV or related medical expenses but cannot understand why insurance is being refused point blank to cover for other catastrophic accident/injury or illnesses that are not in any way related to HIV. I have now been refused three top medical insurances based just on my status without reviewing anything else in my history and was wondering if there are any of you out there who could offer advice on health insurance for expatriates living abroad? I know that there are some companies that offer health insurance for travel purposes and others that will cover you in your home country but am looking specifically for something that will provide for HIV positive individuals that are living outside of their home country and not just for leisure travel. Any information or contact information of brokers that may be able to help will be greatly appreciated as there must be many of us in a similar situation.

Response from Mr. Chambers

I'm afraid I do not know of a single insurance company that will knowingly write a health insurance policy for someone HIV+. Private insurance companies are generally profit-making organizations and do not want to accept any more "risk" than they have to. Despite all the progress made in HIV/AIDS treatment, the cost of that treatment still scares them off.

In many countries that have a national health program, you may be eligible to get medical care through them.

Good luck

CAN I SUIT MY EX?
Green card holder with HIV