Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Fired because they found out I was HIV possitive

Hi, I have a friend that worked for over a year at a very popular hotel chain, they recently learned that he is HIV positive and he was fired, he will file a lawsuit, but we were wondering how much he should ask for, considering his bills started to pile up, hes phone was shut off due to unpaid bills, and not to mention the stress he under. We would only like to be fair, we just want him to be compensated for such a discirminating act that has left him nothing but broke. Thank you so much!

Response from Mr. Chambers

His attorney can be the best guide for the amount of damages to seek. If that happened in the United States, he may want to contact the federal EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) first. They can be helpful is such cases.

transmitted diseas
how do i keep from being fired